Thursday, July 28, 2011

And counting...

Softly whispered,
“You’re the most handsome man here.”
And he smiles.
Falling asleep, he doesn’t’ even think
about the fact
that his attitude
is only that of someone
admired, adored and slightly stalked.

“I had the biggest crush on you in high school,”
repeated over. AND over.
She feels ill.
All hail high school reunions…

------------------------------------------------
This Friday 55 is semi-factual. Who loves high school reunions?
Not I - and especially not when it turns out to be so - I don't know - ODD.
My ten year was normal - we'd seen each other too recently.
(The first person to pick out a fellow blogger in this photo wins a very cool prize, by the way).

Why does everyone fall back into their old persona?
The jocks hang together, only the popular ones at that table...
The saving grace was being adored - still - by my husband's best buddies from Jr High,
that we see frequently. Thank the goddess...
Otherwise, there would have been blood.
G-Man, you'd bail me out... RIGHT?
(Visit him, leave a trail of breadcrumbs.... and he'll visit you back. Promise.)

14 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Still oblivious after all these years and I only have eyes for one. Who is the fellow blogger is in the photo? I know but I'm not telling. Nor will I reveal how many years the reunion was. (I would guess it was between 10th and 100 year reunion)

Alice Audrey said...

I've never gone to any of my high school reunions. I can't imagine getting anything out of them unless I could get my friends to go, and they aren't interested. We're all still in touch, so it doesn't matter.

Jinksy said...

I've only ever been to one - and that was enough to put me off for life!

Brian Miller said...

have yet to go to one...really have little to no interest...if i want to talk to them, i already do...

G-Man said...

I've been to my..
10th..20th..25th..30th...40th!!!
I Loved them all!
Yes Rachel, I'd bail you out.
Funny...The same crew was out in the parking lot smoking pot during every one of those reunions.
Loved your 55
Welcome back, please stay awhile.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Mona said...

We have a reunion this October and i am looking forward to it!

School girl crush after all those years! My My!

Stranger said...

Is it Monkeyman? The photo is a bit blurry and I can't see the pretty eyes. Were you taking the photo or in the photo?

So, 20 year? I'm guessing you're close to my age and I graduated in 1993. (yikes!) I didn't go to my 10 year, and I don't know if they had a 15 year. Do they do 15 year reunions? I went to a different high school every year, so it's hard to say which reunion I'd attend.

I think that's so cool that you went to junior high and high school with your schnukums.

Glad to see you back on the blog. I've missed you.

TALON said...

I've never been to a high school reunion - I'm scared I'd get stuck in a time warp or something and wouldn't be able to escape :)

I think it's sort of like when you go home and visit your parents - you're immediately 10 years old again.

Maude Lynn said...

You couldn't drag me to a high school reunion!

Olivia said...

I missed one on purpose only a few weeks back!
The people I want to be in touch with are anyways aligned with me 1 on 1..

Hugs xoxox

Doralynn Kennedy said...

I've never gone to one, but I've been tempted to.... hmmm.... maybe one day.

Granny Annie said...

I have never attended a high school reunion and because of some of my facebook "friends' I don't believe I ever will be so inclined:) What is it all about anyway?

The Bipolar Diva said...

I love the way you write, and those reunions, all the little secrets seem to come out! Sorry I haven't been around much....a little dispute over my computer usage! hmph!

Scarlet said...

Nice one.. I have only gone to one HS reunion and it was fun.

But I dread it now....