Friday, February 3, 2012

This is gonna hurt you / more than it’s gonna hurt me / and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Once upon a time
a nice girl sat
in front of her computer
and tried desperately
to think
of something witty, 
charming 
and bold
to write.

Nothing came.

So, the girl wrote
music lyrics
to really great, 
angry, 
dagger-filled songs

all over
the desk
of the person deserving 
a poison
apple
today.

And she smiled.



This one goes out to Mr Knowitall
Write a nice little love story
just like this
in 55 words or less
on any given Friday.
Do it or I might leave you a present on YOUR desk.

6 comments:

G-Man said...

Rachel...
Remind me to stay on your GOOD side OK?
You are indeed a woman of your word, and you are to be commended!
Loved your 55
Thanks for playing, I'm so glad that The Muse paid you a brief visit. Have a Kick Ass Week-End

Brian Miller said...

oh snap...wish you had a picture of the desk...just saying...ha.

Raven said...

Nice. I usually choose anger over witty too. lol

Doctor FTSE said...

Great 55, if not exactly cheering to read.

Granny Annie said...

I could use that but would have to say "a nice old woman" instead of "girl" and that would take too many words. Good job my friend

Yvonne Osborne said...

Ouch! I'm glad I don't deserve that apple! Nice poison 55. (I write that kind too:)